Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey

Thanksgiving break was great, just what I needed. I loved seeing my brother and my parents and best of all I got to cook my own meals. I didn’t have to deal with diner food for a whole week, it was great. Thanksgiving day we cooked a great turkey and I made my famous mashed potatoes, people that eat them don’t want to know what exactly I put in them. Usually I use a quarter pint of heavy cream and a stick of butter and then use the electric mixer to blend it all together. They are so delicious. My brother makes some crazy sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving with all the leftovers. Usually he takes three pieces of bread and between the first two he puts turkey and stuffing and between the second and third piece of bread he puts mashed potatoes and gravy and then toasts the whole sandwich in the oven. It is quite a sight to see him devour this sandwich. I have to admit though by this point I am sick of turkey and will be glad not to see it again for another year. Some families eat turkey again for Christmas dinner; I could not imagine doing that. My family usually gets a nice piece of tenderloin for Christmas dinner. Unfortunately we usually have Christmas dinner at my Aunt and Uncle’s house and my Uncle usually overcooks the meats and then butchers it when it comes time to serve. Oh well, you can’t win in every circumstance.

No comments: