Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Closing In

One of my professors said in class today that we only have 3 weeks left in the semester. I have never really thought about it until now but wow…that’s not much time. It seems like I have so much to do in these last three weeks. It is amazing that my first semester freshman year is coming to a close. This new chapter of my life can almost be put a rest. I remember how nervous I was before I came here in the summer and even dating back to the spring 2008. I was nervous about a whole range of things including moving and living with a roommate, finding classrooms, dealing with the workload, and not being around friends of 14 years. You should have seen me before I went to the Freshman first program, I was a nervous wreck and I probably got a total of two hours of sleep that night. Yet as everything seems to smooth out in my life this transition did as well. I learned how to deal with not only one roommate but two. I started talking to my long term friends by downloading a video chat program called Skype. And finally it only took me around two weeks to get a full feel of this campus and I quickly learned where the buildings were how to get around.

No comments: