Monday, September 8, 2008

My Roommate

I am not sure why, but for some reason my roommate chose to have class every morning at eight A.M. If he was quiet it would not be a big deal, but he isn’t. Starting at seven A.M. his extremely loud alarm goes off and the worst part about it is it takes him around 15 seconds to turn it off. Well not even ‘off’ he hits snooze so that ten minutes later it does the exact same thing. He repeats this from seven to around seven-forty. When he finally does get up, nothing he does is considered quiet in my book. Whether is the rustling of papers or the opening of his squeaky closet, it is almost impossible to fall back asleep.
I now ask myself why he picked eight A.M classes and furthermore why he is so loud in the morning. Maybe he can function on little to no sleep and lies to get his classes over with early. Or maybe he attended a late orientation and that was the only slot open. I am not totally sure. I think I can pinpoint why he is so loud though. In my opinion this stems from the fact that he is an only child. He has never had to truly share anything in his household with another sibling. Furthermore I shared a room with my brother for many years and learned to respect what my brother was doing at all times and he would do the same for me. I can respect my roommate’s need for sleep late and night, I hope he can do the same for me in the morning.

No comments: