Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Recyling

It amazes me that this campus is supposedly ‘working for the environment’. What I mean is that I find it impossible to find a garbage can around south campus where I live and furthermore I find it even harder to recycle even that that’s one of the campuses main goals. To throw away trash I have to walk to around Annapolis Hall where there is one dumpster for trash and it is hardly accessible. It is sitting up on a platform so that you have to basically hurl your trash up and hope that it goes in. Yet there are like three dumpsters for recycles but you can’t even but all your recycling in one place. One dumpster says “cardboard products only” while the next says “glass (not plastic” materials only. The university could get many more people to actually throw away their trash and to actually recycle if there were recycling bins around ever corner where you could put any type of recycles and furthermore a trash can around every corner so that people don’t litter.

No comments: