Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Music

I have to say, I am not a fan of many American musical artists. Everything that I listen to is usually foreign. I find that foreign performers are much more enriching in musical style. The last American rapper that I enjoyed was Dr. Dre in 2001 and of course before that Tupac and Biggie. I really don’t enjoy much rap these days. In terms of American ‘rock’ bands I find that they all sound the same. The last American ‘rock’ band that I truly enjoyed were the infamous Blink 182. These days I am a huge fan of European techno, French rap and Australian rock. My favorite Australian rock band at the moment would have to be Powderfinger. My favorite trance performer would be Armin Van Buuren and closely related, my favorite techno performer would have to be Benny Benassi who is from Milan. Over the summer I met this girl from Sweden and she keeps linking me these great beats from her home country. They are truly amazing even though I don’t understand a word of them. She has introduced me to Basshunter, Elefant & Ph, and finally DJ Tune who came out with the hottest single in Sweden right now called “Bag in da Box”. I really just love being multi-cultural with everything that I do in my life. Whether its what I eat, what I listen to or even what I watch. I love enjoying the cultural aspects from all over the world.

No comments: