Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fooled Me!

I have to say that the Ravens fooled me at the beginning of the season. Their 2-0 start gave the city of Baltimore hope that this would be a redefining year with this new Quarterback and head coach. Yet after the last three weeks of losses I can officially say ‘yep, they are still the Ravens of old”. After this weekends loss they looked exactly like the Ravens of previous years. They turned the ball over 5 times, had a terrible offense and finally couldn’t defend against the pass. Their 31-3 loss on Sunday was an exact mirror of the previous few years.
If it were up to me I would make some vital changes. First I would get rid of Chris McAllister because he continues to fail at defending against the deep pass without the help of Ed Reed. Secondly I would get rid of Todd Heap who continues to struggle this year with a total of four catches all year long. For those two players I would pick up two wide receivers such as Chad Johnson. We need a big name receiver on our offense that can really lead it. We used to have this in Todd Heap but since he got injured in 2006 he has been a lot more cautious on the field and has failed to pick up that leadership roll on the field. The worst thing about the Ravens losing is that I am surrounded by Redskins fans and they are having an extremely successful year and are rubbing it in our faces.

No comments: