Friday, October 10, 2008

Joe and the Yankees

I really hope that the dodgers make it to the world series for two main reasons. First is because I want to see Manny Ramirez face his old Boston team (also saying they make it to the world series). Manny left Boston earlier this season leaving much bad blood and it will be interesting how he handles coming back there. The second and more important reason I was the Dodgers to make it to the World Series is because I love Joe Torres and I hate how New York treated him. He made the playoffs 15 straight years and won 4 titles yet that was not good enough for George Steinbrenner and the stuck up Yankees. It gave me great satisfaction that the year after they fired Joe Torres the Yankees did not make the playoffs and Joe was able to make the playoffs with an entirely new team that in the past few years have struggled. It shows Joe’s great character, that he leave New York after 15 years with no bad blood and go to another team and make them great. I think that the Yankees made the worst mistake of possibly their lifetime by firing Joe Torres and I don’t think that it will go un noticed. I think it will be decades maybe even centuries before they get a coach back that had as much talent as Joe Torres. I will always be a fan of Joe Torres no matter where he goes. The Yankees screwed up badly on that deal.

No comments: