Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rays v Red Sox

I was extremely disappointed that the Red Sox lost the pennant to the Tampa Bay Rays. Just a year ago the Rays were the laughing joke of baseball giving up the most runs out of their bullpen and having the worst record in baseball. I have two reasons that I hate the Rays. First is that even when the Rays were bad, they still would always beat the Orioles. The Orioles could sweep the Yankees and then get swept by the devil rays the next week. They had our number always and anytime the Orioles were doing well the Rays would knock them back down. The second reason why I hate the Rays is that they have the ugliest stadiums in baseball and before this postseason is made watching baseball against the Rays boring. I don’t understand how you can have a stadium in St. Petersburg Florida and have a closed in dome. Some domes I don’t even mind but this one has to be the ugliest one of them all. The lighting is terrible and dim and the astro-turf is a puke green color. The crowd before this post season would show up 5 thousand strong and it would be silent in that stadium. I really thought that the Rays would fall apart this year and when they made it to the ACLS I was sure the Boston Red Sox would win the pennant. Yet the Rays won it in game 7 of the ALCS and now I refuse to watch the world series. I am sure the sponsors are now dropping out because not many people will watch this boring world series.

No comments: