Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Focus Dates...Oh Boy

It is amazing how in class the other day we were talking about how it is impossible for anyone to be over the focus date in reality. Well., I have been over twice now. I just like to eat at the dining hall. It is so hard because right next to my dorm I have a Chipotle, Boston Market, Noodles and Company, Quizinos, Subway, South Street Steaks and countless other places to grab food. My parents told me that because my education is so cheap in state here at Maryland that I could eat where ever I wanted to. So I have taken advantage of that and in the end I have been over for two focus dates. I tried to let my roommates use my meal points the other day but they got rejected because they don’t look like me on my I.D. Above all I wish I had a kitchen in my suite so that I could have the best of all three situations. I would much rather cook my own meals than eat in the dining hall or eat at all these eateries on route 1. This reminds me that I only have one week until I get to go home and cook with my dad who inspired me to cook in the first place. It is kind of interesting because he didn’t always know how to cook. His food friend Ted taught him how to cook and now my dad is passing on his abilities to me.

No comments: