Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wrath of the Lich King

I was so excited last Thursday because the expansion of world of warcraft came out which I had been waiting for, for over two years. I know, I know call me a nerd but this game has truly grasped me by the collar for the last few years. The thing that I love most about this game is the fact that I can play with my brother (who lives in Boston), my tennis coach (who still teaches in Baltimore) and my good friend who goes to Penn State. It is great to be able to interact with these people and not just talk with them on Facebook like many of my friends do to keep in touch with their friends. I love getting on, grouping with my brother and questing with him for hours. So last Thursday Blizzard entertainment finally released its much anticipated Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft and from what I can see it was a huge success. Initial reports show that over 5 million copies have already been sold to the over 11 million subscribers. That is almost half of the warcraft population purchasing this expansion only 5 days after the release. It is amazing that blizzard entertainment can come up with a game that has lasted this long and has intrigued the lives of millions. I hope blizzard continues to do great work in creating video games and I look forward to seeing their new Starcraft and Diablo 3.

No comments: